The School in as it was in School Lane. 

Possibly an early Edwardian postcard, marked in white 'THE SCHOOL EYDON NORTHANTS'.

The building does not have the higher window openings as seen later photographs, plus it still has the school bell over the door. The building was designed by Sir Henry Dryden of Canons Ashby, in 1854, who also designed similar buildings in Woodford and Maidford.

There is a good view of the adjacent barn, now part demolished and converted to a house.

Photographer: Unknown Professional

Image lent by : Mrs Carmen Turbett

The Old Schoolhouse

SKU: KL351

Eydon Village Photo Archive