Huntsmen with hounds being served refreshments in the grounds of Eydon Hall, with St Nicholas's Church in the background.
Stirrup cups are being taken round to the hunters before they start by uniformed footmen from Eydon Hall. At this time the owner of the Hall would have been Robert (later Lord) Brand. Joe Golby, in his later years, is standing on the right of the photograph in a trilby hat and with a walking cane. This is thought by the image lender that this was taken around 1940, but we have been told that hunting was suspended during the war. Can anyone give any us more information on this? Photographer: Graystone Bird of Bath
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: KL259