View at bottom of School Lane looking east
On the left we can see a bench inside the porch of what would then be the Reading Room In previous years this had been a pub, called At the Sign of the Clock, the Plough, and then, between 1844 and about 1884, the Blackamoors Head.
In the centre, to the left of two of the terrace of three cottages with thatched roofs facing camera (now 1 The Green), we can see gates to top of bridleway down Tay's Close.
From the neatness etc., this suggests that the picture was taken before the great fire of Eydon started there in 1905. The picture is framed on the right by the branches of the Cross Tree (an elm). Picture probably taken in the early 1900s. For a later view, in the 1960s, see KL115
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: KL115 | DK061 | DK062 | DK062a
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page