One of the set of “Sun Pictures” early photographs taken by a professional photographer John Harrington in 1868.
This shows the church interior immediately after the restoration works of 1865 and the purchase of the organ. A number of candelabra can be seen in the chancel and south aisle and on the pulpit. The east window in the new south aisle had not yet been installed and was added later to commemorate the Revd Arthur Empson who died in 1876.
Image lent by Mr David Kench
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page