Another scientific sundial, this time on the Stone House on Barnett's Hill. See DK049 and DK050.
William Tew, a master mason, renovated his house, the Stone House on Barnett's Hill in 1705. In addition to building the extension at the road end of the house - dated that year and marked T over W and H - William and Hannah Tew - he also installed a fine south facing, vertical sundial over the main door. This is also dated 1705 and marked WT, suggesting that he carved it himself. The gnomon is possibly original. Photographer: Mr David Kench
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: AP055 | AP056 | AP057 | AP058 | AP059 | AP061 | AP062 | DK050