Late 1950s hand tinted view of Lime Avenue from outside the Royal Oak.
Other copies of this postcard have different cloud shapes! Royal Oak entrance at front, next to a pictorial pub sign with the lettering 'A Phipps House'. Annie Bricknell later closed off this entrance and installed a ladies loo there. The entrance was restored when the pub was refurbished in the 1980s.
On the opposite side of Lime Avenue there are blocks of Council houses built in 1954, but not the block of flats built at the end in 1965. There is also a stray dog. Another A.W. Bourne, 32 Babingley Drive. Leicester published postcard.
Photographer: Unknown porfessional
Image lent by : Mrs Jean Charles
Connected Photos: KL033 | KL035 | KL039 | AP036
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page