Postcard of Village Green, looking north up the High Street, from under the shadows of the mature trees that grew there.
Part of a series of postcards of the village, distinguished by the distinctive curly ‘E’ of Eydon. These are dated after the fire of 1905 and and after 1908 when 18 High Street was rebuilt, and, if the postmark on DK084 is right, before 1923. This shows Cross Tree Cottages on the right with their rather thin thatch roof and windows directly under the eaves. They also had three (two shown here) entrance porches on the front, later reduced to two.
Photographer unknown professional
Image lent by Dr Kevin Lodge
Connected photos AP063a, DK083, DK084