The 'spice house' belonging to Thomas Pettifer & Co Ltd and situated on the Woodford Road
Beyond that is Amos's garage and coach station, the lights and petrol pumps of which can be seen in the background. The garage has now been demolished and replaced by a development of houses at Quarry Close.
The spice house building was used to dry and store herbs ready for preparation into cattle medicines, that Pettifers grew on the two acres they rented from the Rector. The building was erected in 1905 and was photographed here in the mid 1960. It survived up to the mid 1980s, being demolished when Amos's rebuilt the garage and bus sheds.
Photographer: Mr David Kench
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: DK024 | IB002 | KL224 | KL226 | KL231 | DK058
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page