An original bottle of Pettifer’s Green Oils – a herbal mixture for animals manufactured in the village
Manufactured by Thomas Pettifer and Co Ltd and sometimes used by village people as an external remedy for aches and pains - for which it was very effective.
Compared to the label on the bottle seen in KL230, this is an earlier version of the label, which gives Pettifer’s address as Eydon (near Banbury) Rugby - and also London. This suggests that this was after 1955 when manufacture of the medicines was transferred to a London firm of manufacturing chemists.
Photographer Mr David Kench
Image lent by Mr David Kench
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page