Percy Pratt and the Rev. Disney lead the procession past Jubilee Cottages in the High Street, with the Wesleyan Chapel in the background.
Percy Pratt was (presumably) that year's Head Forest or Ranger - sometime in the 1930s. He lived in Partridge Lane, in an old house at the back of where the bungalow at 4 Partridge Lane is now built. He worked on the railway in Woodford, but was also the the village 'pig sticker', who killed and butchered village pigs when their time came. The Rev. Robert Disney was Rector from 1929 until 1945 and was responsible for installing electric light in the Church in 1931.
Photographer: Unknown Professional
Picture lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: DK009 | DK010 | KL002