Children and their carers in the stable yard of Eydon Hall in 1943.
The stables have had a number of roles in wartime, in WW1 the then owner Lady Hesketh turned them into a convalescent home for wounded soldiers, whilst in WW2 there seems to have been a nursery school installed there.
We know very little about this school apart from the fact that they were here in c 1943 and were probably evacuated from London area to avoid the bombing.
Image lent by : Mrs Jean Onions
Connected Photos: AP041 | DK028
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page