Taken at an evening Group Meeting of the WI on the south front of Eydon Hall in about 1950.
Mrs Tyrrell, as Group Convener, is addressing the meeting. Peering around her side is Lady Astor, sister in law to the owner of Eydon Hall, Lord Brand. Peeping above the trees is the turret clock of the stables, installed there in 1791 by William Prestidge, a village clock maker, but made by Answorth and Thwaites of Clarkenwell, London. Photographer: Unknown
Image lent by : Miss Janet Bloxam
Connected Photos: IB012 | KL167