The landlady, Mrs Herbert, stands outside the village pub with it's simple sign, thatch roof and before the bay windows were installed on the south side.
William and Elizabeth Herbert ran the Royal Oak, by then owned by Hopcroft, a Brackley Brewer, for 37 years before his death in 1920. Elizabeth Herbert was the daughter of the previous landlord, Robert Taylor. (see Family History threads) This image was also issued as a postcard by J. H. Golby of the Post Office, Eydon (see KL009)
Photographer: Unknown professional
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: KL009
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page