Moreton Pinkney Station looking east Sept. 1898.
White lettering on front of picture, but no indication as to who took this picture (and the two earlier images). Although a couple of railway lines crossed the parish, Eydon, probably because of its position on its hill, never had a railway station of its own. Most of the surrounding villages had their own and several villagers worked on the railway, mainly at Woodford Halse.
This is Morton (sic) Pinkney station on the East West Junction Railway, on the road between Moreton Pinkney and Canons Ashby, opened initially in 1873. It was possibly the nearest of the neighbouring village stations to Eydon.
Photographer: Unknown professional
Image lent by : Alison Parsons
Connected Photos: AP052 | AP053 | AP053a