All hands to the bell as the dismounted bells are manhandled onto pallets for their journey back to Loughborough.
Moving the bells was no mean feat as the lightest weighed a quarter of a ton, the weight of a small car. It was inscribed "M BAGLEY : MADE : MEE 1770. WILLIAM HUDSON : THOMAS IVNES CHURCH WARDENS." Mathew Bagley was a bell founder in Chacombe. Helping to move the bells were: Donald Kench, [unknown]; [unknown] and Frank Hedges, watched by [unknown]; [unknown] and [unknown]
Image lent by Mr Frank Hedges
Connected photos KL109, KL111, KL112
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page