John came from a long line of the Coy family who have lived in Eydon for many generations.
John was one of the village carpenters and wheelwrights. For most of his married life he had lived at 45 High St, moving here in the 1930s, probably after his wife died in 1933. Born in 1857 in Moreton Pinkney, he is seen here in the garden of his cottage in Blacksmiths Lane - but why the hockey stick? He died in 1940. The cottage at the rear was the home of the blacksmith.
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: KL220 | KL221
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page