Early 20th century view of north end of Eydon High Street, looking north.
A very empty view, with no kerbstones and no telegraph cables in sight, although there looks to be a small electrical transformer up a pole in front of the chapel. On the right of the picture is Home Farm, next to that, the bakehouse and bakery which has a different name sign from that shown in KL026. Perhaps it was Edwin Hogg, who had the shop from 1910 until the early 1930s. Ahead of us are the trees in the field at the junction of High Street and Moreton Road, with no sign of Council bungalows built there in 1936. Photographer: Unknown
Image lent by : Mrs Jean Charles
Connected Photos: KL026
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page