The High Street looking northward with one of the village shops and post office on the right (7 High Street)
Beyond it can be seen the gable end on to the road of the cottage between 11 & 17 High Street which was demolished post WW2 with part of it rebuilt for the garage and drive to number 17.
On the right the cottages, now 8, 10 & 12 High Street still have their thatched roofs -the cart shed, stables and cottage of George Hunt, the village carrier are visible - these were demolished and a new cottage built in 1926 (now 20 High Street. Photographer unknown.
Image lent by Mr David Kench