This postcard, showing almost the full length of the High Street looking northward, hasn’t got a clear franking stamp so its precise date is not known.
However, it is after the fire of 1905 and before 1926 when the farm buildings halfway along the street on the right-hand side were demolished and 20 High Street built on the site. The old buildings were a cottage, cart shed and stables for George Hunt, the village carrier and his sister Bina. See also DK084a
Photographer unknown professional.
Image lent by Mr David Kench