Col. Henry Cartwright, who was then the tenant of Eydon Hall, with his butler and footman, is saying good-bye to some lady guests as they leave the Hall via horse and carriage.
The coachman is Henry Peck, who on Colonel Cartwright's death in 1890 rented a small farm in the village. Village historian Syd Tyrrell described Henry and his wife, not withstanding they were friends of his parents as 'two such horrible snobs..'. The photograph was taken of the north front of Eydon Hall.
Image lent by : Mr David Kench
Connected Photos: KL050 | AP024 | KL140
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page