Part of a group of cottages at junction of High Street and Doctor’s Lane after fire of 1905.
The outside of these cottages can be seen in KL001. This cottage was used as a laundry although where the clothes were dried is not clear. Not all these people lived here, as several can be recognised from other photos taken on the day of the fire. The first man on the left might be Bill Bull, identified in KL001 as a waggon driver.
Image lent by Mr David Kench
See DK119, KL360, KL001