Catalogue of sale, at Red Lion in Banbury, of Eydon Hall Estate with details of three cottages and a building site.
Catalogue of sale, at Red Lion in Banbury, of Eydon Estate with details of three cottages and a building site. The first cottage was let to Jesse Avery, a waggoner on a farm, who had been in the village since 1892. This may have been the home of the patricide Edward Higham. It was sold to Mr Prestidge for £70 and at some stage knocked down and land incorporated into 2 and 4 Partridge Lane. The other two cottages are now called 4 and 3 Doctors Lane respectively. Both were sold to Mr Wyatt for £100 and £55. Andrew Mason, who lived in the smaller cottage, may have been John Andrew Mason, who in 1901 was a 50 year old railway labourer. The building site was the site of five small cottages burnt down in the Great Fire of 1905 and was bought secretly (by Jim Bowham of Cropredy for £20) on behalf of the Village Hall Committee as the site of the future Village Hall. Photographer: Unknown Image lent by : Mrs Margie Davies
Connected photos: KL015 range