Catalogue of sale, at Red Lion in Banbury, of Eydon Estate with details of four cottages, including Post Office and shop.

The first lot, now part of 3 High Street, was a 2 up/1 down cottage, let to Uriah Edwards. He was a farm labourer and part time fireman and a member of Foresters. He can be seen in KL041 and DK010. The second lot, also now part of 3 High Street, was a 1 up/1 down cottage, sharing the earth closet with Uriah Edwards, let to Christopher Hartwell. The 3rd lot, is an old stone and thatch 3 bedroom cottage let to William Ward for 8 Guineas per annum. It is now known as 5 High Street. The last lot on this page was the Post Office and shop, let to Mr G Hawkins for £13 pa. It consisted of the shop with Post Office, a telegraph room and 2 more down and 3 up. Now known as 7 High Street. None of these cottages appear to have been sold. Image lent by : Mrs Margie Davies

Connected Photos: KL015 range | DK010

Catalogue, Sale of Eydon Estate 1925, Page 10

SKU: KL015i

Eydon Village Photo Archive

EHRG logo.png

Eydon Historical Research Group

c/o 30a High Street, Eydon,

Daventry, Northants. NN11 3PP