Carved door with elaborate moulding over it at front of main part of Stone House, Barnett’s Hill.
Above it is a south facing sundial, with its original gnomon still in position. The dial is carved ‘WT 1705’. WT was William Tew, a mason, brick and tile maker, whose family had lived in Eydon from at least the early part of the 16th century. The date refers not to the main part of the house but the smaller extension on the west side of the house, which is also signed and dated 1705.
Photographer Mr David Kench
Image lent by Mr David Kench
Connected photos: DK049 & DK051