An 1868 "Sun Picture" of the south-west side of Rectory Farmhouse which was used as a Rectory prior to a brief period at "The Elms" on Lime Avenue and the building of the new Rectory out of the village on the Culworth Road.
his view shows the court side of the house, and the long barn, thatched at this time, that extends all the way down the south side of School Lane. Note the two only, sealed and capped, chimneys, suggesting very little heating in the house! Occupied at this time by John Ivens, Eydon's biggest farmer, with 500 plus acres in total. Photographer: Mr John Harrington
Image lent by : Mr David Kench Connected Photos: DK087 | DK087a
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page