A different pen and ink drawing by George Clarke for Alfred Beesley's "History of Banbury", published 1841.
The church is shown here before the restoration of 1865, which removed the small south porch and separate aisle and replaced them with a new south aisle connected to the nave by a single sweeping roof. George Clarke, born 1790, died 1868, came from Scaldwell in Northants and was employed by Alfred Beesley to record buildings in Northamptonshire and around Banbury. Other views of the church before restoration are in KL037 and KL038, and DK001 - DK005.
Photographer: Mr George Clarke of Scaldwell
Image lent by : Mr David Kench Connected Photos: DK001 | DK003 | DK004 | DK005 | KL038 | KL037
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page