Looking east down Partridge Lane, with (Lines) Home Farm in the centre.
Cattle and their feeding troughs can be seen in the yard directly outside the kitchen door. Other agriculture can be seen all over this image; there are several hen runs to be seen and to the right (south) is the farm yard for Oak cottage, at the time farmed by Annie Bricknell, landlady of the Royal Oak.
Between the two we have the newly built house, by local builders Kench, for Miss Enid Cobley who was Caroline Bedford's aunt. At the bottom of the road on the High Street, we can see another tractor, a red one this time, and the brick back view of the Methodist Chapel, built 1860.
This photo is one of a series taken of the village by Skyview Archives, copies of which can be obtained from them at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting for this image J940-11.
Photographer: Skyview Archives Ltd
Image lent by : Mr Darren Powell SVA
Connected Photos: SV001 - SV026 range
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page