The tractor in the last photo has moved on a little and is now in front of the Royal Oak, allowing us to wonder what is casting the strange shadow above it
The new house in the bottom left is Orchard House, built in 1957/8 by local builder Thomas Kench in the orchard of Welchman's farm. Welchman's farmyard was on the opposite side of the road, where the other new house can be seen. This is the Malt House, built in 1953/4 by Jack Jordan, a carpenter for Thomas Kench and Co, built on the (reputed) site of a malt kiln.
To the right of the photo can be seen School Lane, with the school buildings, still in use, and the school master house - with a red door - behind.
This photo is one of a series taken of the village by Skyview Archives, copies of which can be obtained from them at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting for this image J940-7.
Photographer: Skyview Archives Ltd
Image lent by : Mr Darren Powell SVA
Connected Photos: SV001 - SV026 range