Looking north at Blacksmiths Lane, centred on Sheen Cottage (on the left) and Sunnybank.
Sheen Cottage, with the prominent white drive, was an old cottage, modernised in the 1950s, with metal framed windows and new flatter, tiled roof. Where the drive met Blacksmiths Lane was, in Victorian times, an even smaller cottage, now demolished.
The row of single story sheds at the top of the picture are attached to Ashbys Farm, 27 High Street, whist the stone milking parlours of Mannings Farm in front of them were built after 1762, in beautifully cut Eydon stone.
This photo is one of a series taken of the village by Skyview Archives, copies of which can be obtained from them at email@example.com quoting for this image J940-10.
Photographer: Skyview Archives Ltd
Image lent by : Mr Darren Powell SVA
Connected Photos: SV001 - SV026 range