Inside pages of the Order of Service for the consecration of the Churchyard extension and the unveiling and dedication of the Memorial Cross, Sunday September 25th, 1921.
It took the form of a procession from the church of the Parish and Church Councils, the Memorial Committee, followed by the Bishop, Clergy, Church Wardens and Choir, to the gates of the new Churchyard. The Bishop then led the procession around the new burial ground, and consecrated it by the Memorial Cross.
Mr E W Pettifer, on behalf of the Memorial Committee, asked Colonel Reid to unveil the Cross and give an address, followed by the Cross’s dedication by the Bishop of Leicester.
Image lent by Mr David Kench.
Connected photos DK103, DK103b, KL102