Edwardian Dolls House, family heirloom of the Edwards family.
Inside view in KL245. This large, two-storey, detached, dolls house, made by Hamleys of London, was given to Mrs Lucy Edwards for her eight year old daughter Kathleen in 1935 by Mrs Phyllis Langhorne Brand, of Eydon Hall. It has been Mrs Brand's daughter Virginia, who was born in September 1918, so it may have been given to her about 1924 or 5, when she was 6 or 7.
However, given its Edwardian/Victorian style, it may have been in their family for longer. Mrs Edwards was Mrs Brand's ladies maid. The doll's house remains in the Edwards family as a prized heirloom, now owned by Kathleen's daughter Carrie. Photographer: Mrs Carrie Horne
Image lent by : Mrs Carrie Horne
Connected Photos: KL245 | KL188
top of page
Eydon Village Photo Archive
bottom of page